[IDV #QOS-944139]: Geostrophic wind shear

Hi Dave-

> I just tried to figure out how to plot vertical geostrophic wind
> difference vectors, but it looks like that requires some programming.
> I'll be asking for some help with that one!
>
> On an unrelated topic, I've been trying to plot station pressure and
> altimeter setting from METAR data, but I haven't been able to find
> them on the list of available variables to plot (e.g., Displays >
> Plot, in the list in the "Field" column of the data table for the
> selected station). I can plot both using WXP from METAR data (I assume
> they are the same basic data files, acquired via IDD through NOAAPORT)
> so I assume that station pressure is in there somewhere. (Altimeter
> setting can be computed from station pressure and station elevation,
> so this really boils down to being able to find and plot station
> pressure.)
>
> What am I missing here?

If you are using the METAR data from the ADDE server, the variables
are:

PSL - altimiter setting (converted to millibars)
PRE - sea level pressure

If you are using a different data source, point me to a sample and
I can figure it out from that.

Don

Don

Ticket ID: QOS-944139