[IDV #UTE-733468]: Ticket ID: ACW-204532

> Description of problem: Tank you, your quick reply and sorry several
> misunderstandings.
>
> I just want to know the raw data of specific region. So I have practiced
> again and again, but I couldn't get the raw grid data from square which I
> long for spots.
> I send my file and please let me know the way to extract the raw data through
> a excel file.

Hi Lee,
First, you should make sure you are running the latest nightly release of the
IDV:
 http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/nightly/index.jsp

Then, load in your min3.nc data source. Go to the Data Source Properties dialog
(right click on the Data Source entry in the Field Selector tab to bring up the
properties). Spatially subset the area.

Now, the one tricky bit here is that there is a limit to the number of columns
an excel spreadsheet can hold (256). We write out every time step as a column.
So, you will need to export your data in 2 spreadsheets since there are more
than 256 times in it. So...
Go to the times tab in the data source properties.
Click off the "Use Default" checkbox.
Select around half of the times. (Shift click to select a range).
Press OK.

Now, select the "Formulas" data source in the Field Selector.
Open the "Export" tree in the Fields section.
Right click on "Export Grid to Excel"
Select "Evaluate Formula"
Specify the first spreadsheet file name.
Press OK.
Now, select the field to write out (e.g., air[unit:K]_1)
The IDV will write out the selected times.

Now, go back to the Data Source properties window  for the min3 data source.
Select the other half of the times.
Repeat the above export to xls steps.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: UTE-733468