[IDV #KWS-786669]: Question: Metars

Hi Beth-

> Is there a way to view old metars using IDV? I have them as a text file
> downloaded from NCDC. I would even be willing to manually enter the
> information, I just want to add them as a layer to view with Nexrad Level II
> data.

If the text file is comma or space delimited, you can try
using the file chooser and set the Data Source Type to
"Text Point Data files".   When you go to plot the data,
you will be prompted with a dialog to fill in the metadata
about each column.

You can find some more information on this in the user's guide:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/data/TextPointData.html

If you encounter problems with this, send us a sample file
and we can take a look.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: KWS-786669
Department: Support IDV