[IDV #SLG-471030]: Repeat Elevation Angles Remote Level II Radar Data

> Hi:
>
> Some thoughts ...
>
> It looks like the sites transmitting super-resolution data will have the
> repeat 0.5, 0.9, 1.3 depending on the VCP.
>
> Sites transmitting legacy data will not have the repeat elevation angles.
>
> Sites that are transmitting recombined data I get the following error message:
>
> There was an error loading the data ...
> java.lang.NullPointerException

You are right. We have not upgraded our library to deal with the recombined
data, it is on the way and you can download the new nightly build in a couple
days.

> Also with the multiple scans at the same elevation angle does this affect
> RHI; isosurface; volume scan; etc displays?

We only use the first scans for v all 3D display, includeing RHI.

> The reason for the original message was that I have never seen multiple
> elevation angles in level II data either from IDV (Level II remote) or
> obtained from the NWS and displayed using IDV.

Yes, the multiple elevation is only being applying in the super resolution or
recombine level 2 data. Let me know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Yuan

> Thanks for listening ...
>
> Have a good weekend ....