[IDV #ADG-906860]: Error Upon Polling data

Hi Christopher-

> Full Name: Christopher Smith
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.6a2 build date:2008-06-19 07:06 UTC
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: Java: home: /home/chris/IDVNB/IDV_2.6a2/jre version: 1.5.0_11
> j3d:1.5.1 fcs (build6)
> Description of problem: Error produced after configuring data source for poll
> 10min.  Since this appears to be
> a new error and I am also seeing it in Nightly Build, I assume it might be
> the result
> of cache for data source???  Termination of program without proper Exit. If
> so How can
> I clear the cache?

It looks like the message being sent from the server was truncated.  I was
unable
to reproduce this error today.  Can you try again?

BTW, there's a problem with some of the Level II data on the server that we hope
to fix today.  If you get a NullPointerException, that's likely the case.

Don Murray
> Creating urls to radar data
> Invalid catalog
> <http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/radarServer/nexrad/level2/IDD?&stn=KRAX&time_start=1998-06-19T23:23:26&time_end=2108-05-23T23:23:26>
> ----Catalog Validation version 1.0.01
> **Fatal:  InvCatalogFactory.readXML failed
> Exception= org.jdom.input.JDOMParseException Error on line 5819 of document
> http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/radarServer/nexrad/level2/IDD?&stn=KRAX&time_start=1998-06-19T23:23:26&time_end=2108-05-23T23:23:26:
>  XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.
> fatalMessages= *** XML parser fatalError (5819:1)= XML document structures
> must start and end within the same entity.
>
> errMessages=
> warnMessages=
>

> ******************
> Stack trace:
> java.io.IOException: Invalid catalog
> <http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/radarServer/nexrad/level2/IDD?&stn=KRAX&time_start=1998-06-19T23:23:26&time_end=2108-05-23T23:23:26>
> ----Catalog Validation version 1.0.01
> **Fatal:  InvCatalogFactory.readXML failed
> Exception= org.jdom.input.JDOMParseException Error on line 5819 of document
> http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/radarServer/nexrad/level2/IDD?&stn=KRAX&time_start=1998-06-19T23:23:26&time_end=2108-05-23T23:23:26:
>  XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.
> fatalMessages= *** XML parser fatalError (5819:1)= XML document structures
> must start and end within the same entity.
>
> errMessages=
> warnMessages=
>
> at
> ucar.nc2.thredds.TDSRadarDatasetCollection.queryRadarStation(TDSRadarDatasetCollection.java:816)
> at
> ucar.nc2.thredds.TDSRadarDatasetCollection.getRadarStationTimes(TDSRadarDatasetCollection.java:931)
> at
> ucar.nc2.thredds.TDSRadarDatasetCollection.getRadarStationTimes(TDSRadarDatasetCollection.java:914)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.radar.CDMRadarDataSource.makeSources(CDMRadarDataSource.java:195)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.radar.CDMRadarDataSource.reloadData(CDMRadarDataSource.java:172)
> at
> at

Ticket ID: ADG-906860
Department: Support IDV