[IDV #ORR-818090]: IDV error

Wenhui-

> The data file is about 25M. What is the limit of IDV? or it depends on
> the local computer settings?

The IDV will load in the entire file, but display will be problematic.
We are working on improving the memory usage for images which at
present uses a lot.  Here are a couple of things to try:

- increase the memory allocation to the IDV above the default.

- Set the preference to use Fast Rendering which will ignore
projection seams.  Accounting for the seams uses a lot of memory.

- subset the data if possible.  Your image is probably something
like 5000 x 5000 which is generally more pixels than you have to
display on your screen.  Unfortunately, we don't have  a mechanism
for subsetting local AREA files.  If you can place this on an ADDE
server, you could use the Image Chooser to subset/decimate the image.

Information on doing these is at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/misc/PerformanceTuning.html

Don Murray

Ticket ID: ORR-818090