[IDV #HIE-550438]: enhancement request Field Selector

> Hi Jeff,
>
> is the idea for an enhanced field selector clear enough?
>
> Tyn

Hi Tyn,
I haven't forgotten about you. Don & I just got back last night from a training
workshop we ran.

Here's something you can try -
In the formula you can use the syntax:
param[some extra parameter attributes]
to define attributes on the parameter. e.g.:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/tools/Formulas.html

One of the attributes (which is undocumented right now) is multiple=true, e.g.:

test(params[multiple=true])

When multiple=true the field selector supports multiple selection and looks
like the attached image.
You can do double click on a field (or click the "Add selected entry") and it
will add it to the list.
The actual parameter object that gets passed to the jython is a list of the
selected fields.
I will look into doing multiple select in the tree view and/or doing double
click on one of the group nodes to add multiples into the list.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: HIE-550438
Department: Support IDV