[IDV #WNR-458825]: Problem w/volume rendering

Hi Katie-

> Hi Don. Still trying to get my clouds to look pretty. I'm using the Volume
> Rendering (no texture) and am trying to change the transparency, but it won't
> stay. I'll open up the Color Table Editor, click "Transparency" and make it
> 50%. Click 'Apply' and 'Ok'. Nothing changes. I open the Color Table Editor
> again and the Transparency is back to 0. Any idea why?

When you set the transparency to 50%, you are just changing
the editing mode, not applying it to the color table itself.
You need to then click on one of the end breakpoints and drag
it to the other end to apply that edit to the table.  See the
workshop docs on using the color table at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/workshop/resources/colortable/index.html

and also the User's Guide section:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv//docs/userguide/tools/ColorTableEditor.html

You can apply different transparencies to different parts of
the table.

Alternatively, you can right click on the color preview bar in the
side legend and use the Transparency menu to set the value instantly
to the entire table.

Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Don

Ticket ID: WNR-458825
Department: Support IDV