[IDV #KPC-692192]: Calculate Potential Temperature

Hi Greg-

> Trying to calculate potential temperature from a NAM 12km grib file. Did a
> search of support tickets but could not find anything. Would like to be able
> to do a cross-section of potential temperature.

I just did this from the NAM 12km data we have on motherlode.

When you load up that dataset, you should see a Derived field
for Potential Temperature under 3D grid->Temperature->Derived

Note with this high resolution a dataset, the calculation is
compute intensive.

Is your grib file Grib 1 or 2?  Does it have a pressure vertical
dimension?  We need that for the calculation.  Are you getting
an error, or do you just want to know how to do this?

Don

Ticket ID: KPC-692192
Department: Support IDV