[IDV #COT-972342]: Loading 3D Fields in IDV

Hi Josh-

> Thanks so much for your help!  Unfortunately I couldn't get it to compile.  I
> got the following errors:
>
> IPO Warning: can not find "ARWpost.o"
> IPO Warning: can not find "input_module.o"
> IPO Warning: can not find "output_module.o"
> IPO Warning: can not find "v5d_module.o"
> IPO Warning: can not find "process_domain_module.o"
> IPO Warning: can not find "module_interp.o"
> IPO Warning: can not find "module_basic_arrays.o"
> IPO Warning: can not find "module_diagnostics.o"
> IPO Warning: can not find
> "/home2/jmg498/ARWposttest/ARWpost/../WRFV3/frame/module_internal_header_util.o"
> IPO Warning: can not find
> "/home2/jmg498/ARWposttest/ARWpost/../WRFV3/frame/module_machine.o"
> IPO Warning: can not find
> "/home2/jmg498/ARWposttest/ARWpost/../WRFV3/frame/pack_utils.o"
> IPO link: can not find -lwrfio_int
> ifort: error: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 1)
> make: [ARWpost.exe] Error 1 (ignored)
>
> I first tried to compile it using WRFV2 but then realized it likely needed
> WRFV3 so I built and installed WRFV3 then ran the ARWpost configure.  I even
> tried copying over the old configure.arwp file from the current version of
> ARWpost that is compiled and changed the WRF directory to WRFV3 but that
> didn't work either (same errors).

Yes, it looks like there is a big difference between 2.2 and 3.0 and
I don't have any experience compiling either.  The only suggestion
I have is to make sure you've done a make clean or whatever to
get a fresh start.

> Intersetingly, with the IDV, I don't think the unit exception for the flow
> display was due to missing units.  When I went to Data -> Formulas -> Grids
> -> Make Flow Vectors and chose the U10 and V10 data from the 2D grid, it
> plotted them up.  But if I go directly to "derived" and try to do it, it
> errors out.  Could it be an issue with how IDV is deriving the field?

Can you post the file that has this problem.  The one I got before had
all 0 for the U component.

Thanks.

Don

> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 12:20 PM, Don Murray <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> Josh-
> >
> >I got this tar file from the ARW support people which should
> >support adding units to the Vis5D file.  Can you try it out?
> >Thanks.
> >
> >Don-
> >
> >ARWpost_test.tar.gz

Ticket ID: COT-972342