[IDV #HIY-198358]: Fails to find nested services in THREDDS catalog

Hi Ethan-

> Full Name: Ethan Davis
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.5b2 build date:2008-04-17 07:05 UTC
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05 version: 1.6.0_05
> j3d:1.3.2 fcs (build12)
> Description of problem: From the motherlode catalog
>
> http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/idd/satellite.xml
>
> under "3.9", if I try to open the "WEST-CONUS_4km Aggregation" dataset
> I get an error saying it couldn't find a service with the name "ncdods". The
> catalog
> contains such a service nested within another service.

Thanks for finding this.  It will be fixed in the next nightly build.
However, it will not support a compound service within a compound
service.

As you noted, even with the fix, the aggregated dataset does not
work because the dataset is malformed.

Don

Ticket ID: HIY-198358
Department: Support IDV