[IDV #WNR-458825]: Problem w/volume rendering

Hi Katie-

> Full Name: katie carbonari
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.5
> Operating System: linux
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Hello. I've been trying to do some volume rendering
> of clouds in IDV. Isosurface works fine (as you can see in the attatched
> picture) but volume rendering gives a gray cube. This gray cube doesn't
> change when I change various parameters (color range, transparency, etc). Any
> ideas on why this is happening? The 2 pics are of the same data file, so I
> don't know why the volume rendering doesn't give clouds.

This is probably a graphics card issue.  What is the graphics
card you are using?

Try the following:

- do the volume rendering
- bring up the properties for the Volume Rendering control
(Edit->Properties menu of the control).
- Uncheck the Use Texture 3D property and click the OK button.

Does that make your volume rendering appear?

Don Murray

Ticket ID: WNR-458825
Department: Support IDV