[IDD #JFL-929851]: GLM lightning flash density

Hi,

re:
> Regarding the lightning feeds from Unidata and the depletion of grant funds
> supporting the live feed of data...

The TTU value-added Level2 GLM products will cease being created when the grant
which has funded the creation of the products runs out.  The Vlab value-added
Level2 GLM products will continue to be there for as long as a) NOAA continues
to create them and b) we are allowed to grab the Vlab GLM tiles from AWS.

re:
> will that also affect the LCFA data? We
> are curious if we could try and use this data (
> https://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/catalog/satellite/goes/east/grb/GLM/LCFA/current/catalog.html)
> as an alternative for when the flash extent data is no longer available.

No, these Level2 products are sent in the Goes ReBroadcast (GRB), and we will
continue
to make them available in the LDM/IDD and via remote access technologies like
TDS for
as long as we operate GOES-East and GOES-West downlinks in UCAR.  NB: we have
no reason
to believe that this activity will be curtailed any time in the foreseeable
future.

Have you taken a look at the Vlab value-added Level2 and Level3 products?  Here
are the TDS
links for these products:

GOES-East on thredds.ucar.edu:

https://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/catalog/satellite/goes/east/products/GLMISatSS/catalog.html