[IDD #CWR-357624]: LDM queue keeps growing

Hi,

re:
> I've attached the registry.xml file from the ldm server that is
> experiencing the steady growth in the queue "ldm.pq".

Thanks!  I don't see anything out of the ordinary in the file. Hmm...

re:
> As you can see we
> already have the "reconciliation=mode" set to "no nothing"
> but yet file queue grows.

The only thing that I can imagine at this point is the LDM was
started when the reconciliation-mode setting was set to allow
queue growth and then changed to what it is now without restarting
the LDM.

re:
> What are the circumstances that might cause the
> ldm queue to grow beyond it's defined size?

The only thing I know of is the reconciliation-mode setting.  Our LDM
developer will need to either verify or refute this view.

re:
> Also on this server in the /opt/ldm/var/queues directory there is a second
> file called "ldmd.pq" that is is also growing but not as fast as the actual
> queue (ldm.pq).

The only thing I can imagine for this case is that another LDM instance is
running, and its configuration was set to create/use a queue named 'ldmd.pq'
in the ~ldm/var/queues directory.  The LDM by itself will not create additional
queues.

re:
> This server and another have been running stable since
> forever but both are experiencing this queue growth suddenly.

This suggests that something in the environment in which these LDM instances
are being run changed.  Do you have any idea of what those changes could be?

re:
> Do you have
> any thoughts as to what could have instigated this?

Unfortunately, no.  I am leaving this inquiry open in our system, and will
send an email to our LDM developer right after I send this note asking him
to chime in.

Ticket ID: CWR-357624
Department: Support IDD