[IDD #GJD-600418]: ldmd.conf request line

Hi,

re:
> During last night's SBN outage, we augmented our dish by adding a feed the
> kind folks at Updraft provide. Two of the source providers are lena.unidata
> and jackie.unidata, among others. During the outage, we received plenty of
> NEXRAD3 data, but very little IDS|DDPLUS data.

leno.unidata.ucar.edu and jackie.unidata.ucar.edu are two of the NOAAPort
ingest machines that populate NOAAPort-derived feed types to the Unidata
IDD.  The others that operate in this capacity are located at UWisconsin/SSEC
and LSU/SRCC.

re:
> My question, is the following a valid REQUEST line? No error or warning was
> issued at LDM startup.
> We're running ldm-6.13.11 .
>
> REQUEST IDS|DDPLUS|NEXRAD3 ".*" atlanta-ga-1.ldm.updraft.us

Yes, the REQUEST line is completely valid - it requests all of the
products from the 'IDS|DDPLUS' and 'NEXRAD3' feeds from the Atlanta
IDD relay operated by Updraft Networks.

Comment:

- it may be useful to you in the future to check the real-time stats
  provided by your upstream server(s) when you are experiencing full
  or partial data outages

  The website for checking real-time IDD stats is:

  Unidata HomePage
  https://www.unidata.ucar.edu

    Data -> IDD Operational Status
    https://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/rtstats/

      Real-Time IDD Statistics -> Statistics by Host
      https://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/siteindex

To check to see if a problem is at your site, at your upstream,
or (perhaps) systemwide, you would check the real-time stats
that you are reporting (if you are reporting real-time stats),
the real-time stats your upstream(s) is(are) reporting, and
the real-time stats that your upstream(s) are receiving data from.
In addition, it is useful to check the latencies being reported
by machines along the data relay chain as that may pinpoint where
a problem is occurring.

Ticket ID: GJD-600418
Department: Support IDD