[IDD #BTM-888056]: GEFS

Hi,

re:
> Have they switched off GEFS lower resolution model broadcast?

Evidently yes.  NOAA is also not adding GEFS products to the IDD
CONDUIT feed (which they control, not Unidata).

> We have this in pqact.
>
> #
>
> # Global Ensemble grids also on grids [I-P]
>
> HDS     ^H..... KWBK ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])
>
> PIPE    /home/ldm/decoders/dcgrib2 -v 1 -d
> /home/ldm/var/data/logs/dcgrib2_GFSensg.log
>
> -e GEMTBL=/home/gempak/NAWIPS/gempak/tables
>
> #
>
> No logs generated since yesterday morning.

Other users have reported the same thing, so it is not your setup.

re:
> I have also found this
> https://www.weather.gov/source/datamgmt/DM042002.txt
>
> So, I figured, this might be it.

You are correct.

re:
> If yes, would you, please, help me to find alternate products.

The newer, higher resolution GEFS products should be available
from the NOMADS service that was talked about in the posting
that you included.

The addition of the newer, higher resolution GEFS was discussed
by the NOAA representative at the most recent Unidata User
Committee meeting, and there was some question if it could be
added to the IDD CONDUIT feed.  We had requested a test feed
of the products before they would go live, but providing us
with this feed was said to not be possible from some reason,
so we are in the same position as you.  If you are not already
subscribed to the address@hidden email list, you
should probably subscribe and post a question to it as there
are several NOAA/NCEP people subscribed to the list, and they
can authoritatively answer questions about the GEFS (in
CONDUIT, at least).

You can (un)subscribe to any email list maintained by us at: