[IDD #ZDZ-619567]: Configuring LDM to receive select AWIPS products

Hi,

re:
> I would like to configure our LDM to receive from Unidata Alaskan-only
> radar data for our AWIPS.  I assume that is possible, but I'm a little
> confused with information I've found online.  I see there is a "NEXRAD2"
> feedtype which I've tested with the "notifyme" command...  notifyme -vl-
> -f "NEXRAD2" -h idd.unidata.ucar.edu

NEXRAD2's content is full volume scan radar data.  Use of this data in
AWIPS requires some processing outside of AWIPS to make it usable.  If
this is the data you are interested in, please send in an AWIPS inquiry
to address@hidden.

re:
> There's data available, but the reference information suggested it was
> for NAWIPS/gempak.  I wasn't sure if the same format applied to AWIPS?

Out of the box, AWIPS supports the NEXRAD Level 3 data that is distributed
in the NOAAPort SBN.  If this is the data you are interested in, then the
process would be to generate a list of the radars/stations you want to
receive and then fashion an LDM REQUEST line that specifies that list.

re:
> If so I guess I could adapt my match pattern to only receive from select
> radar sites?  Any information on that would be helpful.

The first question is which radar data you want to use, Level 2 or Level3?

If want Level 2 data, then, as mentioned above, you will need to run the
data through some processing to make it useful in AWIPS.  If you want
to use the Level 3 products, then the process is to create a list of
the stations you want and fashion a REQUEST for those stations.

re:
> Thanks a lot!

Please let me know if the above was useful...

Ticket ID: ZDZ-619567
Department: Support IDD