[IDD #NRL-751259]: Joining IDD

Hi,

re:
> We have confirmation that our connection now works correctly with the
> 132.178.231.142 address.

Super!

re:
> We will not need to other addresses added, and everything should work as
> expected with borah-ldm.boisestate.edu.

Very good.

I assume that your setup is such that one of your machines that can/does
run an LDM will assume the 132.178.231.142, and the other will only be
assigned the address if the other machine goes down for any reason?  The
reason I ask is to make sure that both machines/LDMs are not running at
the same time and will both appear to have the same IP address because of
NATting.  Why?  When there are multiple machines behind a NAT and they
are REQUESTing the same feeds, then one will get some of the data and
the other will get the rest.  This means that neither machine will get
all of the data that it is REQUESTing, and this will look like an LDM
failure when it is not.  The best solution in this case is to have
one of the machines REQUEST from the other machine which is, in turn
REQUESTing from the external upstream feed site.  In this setup, some
monitoring would need to be setup so that the 2nd machine would
REQUEST directly from the upstream feed site(s) if the 1st machine
stops receiving data/goes down/is unavailable.

re:
> Thank you for all you assistance and patience while we worked this out.

No worries.  We're glad to hear that your LDM is now able to establish
feed REQUEST(s)!

Please let us know if you have any further questions...

Ticket ID: NRL-751259
Department: Support IDD