[IDD #HDV-661272]: idd stats curiosity

Hi Pete,

re:
> I have noticed something odd with the rtstats on rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu
> lately. Take a look at the following two graphs - it appears that
> idd1.aos.wisc.edu
> missed significant amounts of CONDUIT (and other) data, but in fact, we seem
> have gotten everything.
>
> https://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_num_nc?CONDUIT+idd1.aos.wisc.edu
> https://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_num_nc?CONDUIT+conduit.unidata.ucar.edu
>

> Here's the lag plot for the two also
> https://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?CONDUIT+idd1.aos.wisc.edu
> https://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?CONDUIT+conduit.unidata.ucar.edu
>

> Oddly, the rtstatstest page of Daryl's seems to be pretty close to equal
> between the two..
>
> https://rtstatstest.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_num_nc?CONDUIT+idd1.aos.wisc.edu
> https://rtstatstest.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_num_nc?CONDUIT+conduit.unidata.ucar.edu
>
> Any idea what might be up with this?

Mike was forced into moving the rtstats off of the machine that it had
been running on to a different machine due to increasing numbers of
problems on the original machine (its dying).  Steve and I have both noticed
that the rtstats volume plots are correct for some systems and WAY off
for others.

re:
> If you believe Daryl's page, it looks like conduit.ncep.noaa.gov might
> have resolved their time drift issue.

After helping a user earlier this week, I sent a note off to NCEP
alerting them to the fact that their drifting clock was now causing
actual problems at end-user sites.  (The issue was the user turnning
on 'minimize latencies' for the reconciliation mode, and that, in
turn deceased the maximum allowable latency to less than it was
in the CONDUIT feed.).  I never got any reply back from anyone
on my extensive To: list, so I had no idea that this was being
addressed.

re:
> Sorry to dump this on a Friday afternoon. I'll save those graphs
> in case you don't see this until next week, so I can send and
> show you want I'm talking about..

We'll be pinging Mike on this either this weekend or first thing
next week.  I hesitate to bother him sooner as he has been
completely swamped by other things (including the machine on
which rtstats was hosted dying).

Ticket ID: HDV-661272
Department: Support IDD