[IDD #SET-184160]: GOES-W AREA Files

Hi Jim,

re:
> I want to store the remapped images in nearly directories /sdata/sat_goesE or
> /sdata/sat_goesW  (note: no "n" at the end).

OK.

re:
> I'd like to stick with the same name convention as with the incoming FD data.

OK.

re:
> I would like to do it on the fly, i.e. as
> new data arrive, they get get stored in their own directories and remapped
> and stored
> in the above directories.

That is the purpose of having the processing kicked off with an LDM
pattern-action
action that is executed after your existing actions for FILEing the FullDisk
images to disk.

re:
> I can go either way on if you want to come up with something or have me give
> it a try-
> whatever is easier for you.

I just made the modifications that I think are needed, and put together a
compressed tarball for you to download:

machine:   ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
user:      anonymous
pass:      your_email_address
directory: pub/mcidas/UniwiscFDRemapToGVAR
file:      uniwiscfdremapupdate.tar.gz

As before, download the tarball to the HOME directory of the user
running the LDM and unpack it from there.

The files that I modified are:

~ldm/mcidas/bin/GvarFDRemap.sh
~ldm/mcidas/etc/pqact.conf_uniwiscFDremap
~ldm/mcidas/data/RESOLV.SRV

What you should do now is extract the single action from
the pattern-action file and put it AFTER all of the actions
that FILE the UNIWISC FullDisk products to disk in your
existing pattern-action file.  Please make sure that your
cut/paste/copy maintains the correct formatting for a
pattern-action file action.

After you have added the needed action to your existing
pattern-action file, then do the following:

ldmadmin pqactcheck       <- does a gross syntax checking for
                             all actions in all active
                             pattern-action files

IF there are no errors indicated, then make the addition
active:

ldmadmin pqactHUP         <- sends the HUP signal to all
                             'pqact' instances telling them
                             to reread their pattern-action
                             files actions

The first measure of success will be the creation of the
log file for the processing.  It should be:

~ldm/mcidas/logs/GvarFDRemap.log

The next measure of success will be the correct conversion
of the received Full Disk images and their subsequent
FILEing to /sdata/goesE or /sdata/goesW.

NB: there is always the possibility that I fat fingered
something in my edits, so please get back to me with
your observations of success or failure!

Ticket ID: SET-184160
Department: Support IDD