[LDM #NQD-449489]: MADIS LDM

Hi,

re:
> The command "telnet ldm.madis.ncep.noaa.gov 388" throws me Connection Time
> Out error.

This shows that either the department/school firewall is blocking outbound
connections to port 388 on the remote machine, OR the network in which
the NCEP machine exists is blocking inbound connections to port 388.  I didn't
mention the possibility of the firewall/security perimeter affecting the
upstream LDM host because I incorrectly thought that you were somehow
associated with NOAA.

re:
> I have disabled the firewall on the local server, however the local server
> is sitting in Florida Tech and there might be additional firewall in place
> on the network.

OK.  Now that I know that you are in a university, the possibility that the
firewall/security perimeter at the upstream site becomes much more likely.

re:
> Thank you for help though. Very appreciated,

No worries.

While we are sorting out the firewall(s) issue(s), can you give me the
fully qualified name of the machine you are running the LDM on?  I
want to check to make sure that needed DNS has been setup for it.

Ticket ID: NQD-449489
Department: Support IDD