[IDD #GVO-308276]: Feed requests for WMO, HDS and NGRID

Hi,

re:
> Unfortunately, this is an internal GCP VM and we can't change the hostname.

I am surprised that DNS can not be setup to make your VM known
as xxxxx.ncsu.edu.  We run VMs in AWS and Jetstream and used to
run in Azure, and we never had problems setting up DNS in those
clouds.

re:
> The hostname is 107.70.198.104.bc.googleusercontent.com and the IP is
> 104.198.70.107. The first part of the hostname truly is the IP address
> in reverse order.

OK.

re:
> I've updated my ldmd.conf with your recommendations to pull from idd and
> iddb. Thank you very much for your help with this,

I just implemented the "hack" to add '.edu' ALLOWs for your machine
on the idd.unidata.ucar.edu and iddb.unidata.ucar.edu clusters.  I
have not enabled an ALLOW on idd.ssec.wisc.edu as the setup there
is not as "flexible" as it is on our production clusters.

Please test access to idd.unidata.ucar.edu and iddb.unidata.ucar.edu
as follows from your GCP VM:

<as 'ldm'>
notifyme -vl- -f WMO -h idd.unidata.ucar.edu

notifyme -vl- -f WMO -h iddb.unidata.ucar.edu

and let us know the results of your tests.

Ticket ID: GVO-308276
Department: Support IDD