[netCDF #JRG-517483]: second LDM server?

Hi,

re:
> We are having some throughput problems here (unrelated to Unidata) and would
> find it very useful to set up a second temporary LDM connection to Unidata
> for testing purposes.

OK.

re:
> Right now, we connection as a client for NEXRAD Level II data from
> llwxldm2.WX.LL.MIT.EDU (129.55.66.13). We subscribe to all available NEXRAD
> data. We'd like to set up a second twin client which would download the same
> data. It would likely only run for a couple of hours at a time until our
> troubleshooting is done. Then it would go away. Would this be ok with
> Unidata?

Yes, this is OK with us.

If forward and reverse DNS is setup for your test machine, and if
its IP resolves to a '.edu' address, you should be able to REQUEST
the NEXRAD2 (and other) feed from either/both of our IDD relay
clusters, idd.unidata.ucar.edu and iddb.unidata.ucar.edu.  To
test if everything is setup as needed on your end, do the
following:

<as 'ldm' on the test machine after the LDM is built and installed>
notifyme -vl- -f NEXRAD2 idd.unidata.ucar.edu

and/or

notifyme -vl- -f NEXRAD2 iddb.unidata.ucar.edu

Ticket ID: JRG-517483
Department: Support IDD