[IDD #JYB-119414]: LDM REQUEST to 128.117.140.3

Hi,

re:
> We have been working with NOAA to investigate issues on the data path
> between our servers and their upstream NEXRAD2 providers, TDS and RDS. We
> would like to be able to pull data from 128.117.140.3 as a backup while
> we continue to troubleshoot these issues. Last night we attempted to
> pull from 128.117.140.3 and were unable to get any data.
>
> Could you check whether the LDM  at 128.117.140.3 has an "ALLOW NEXRAD2"
> statement for our servers at nexrad1.weather.ercbroadband.org and
> nexrad2.weather.ercbroadband.org?

You should be REQUESTing feed(s) from either/both of the top level
IDD relay clusters that we operate:

idd.unidata.ucar.edu   (128.117.135.3_
iddb.unidata.ucar.edu  (128.117.130.3)

It is best to REQUEST by name, not by IP.  Why?  REQUESTing
from 128.117.140.3 instead of idd.unidata.ucar.edu prevented your
machine from automatically following when we moved the old
implementation of idd.unidata.ucar.edu (IP 128.117.140.3) to
the NCAR/Wyoming Supercomputer center some time back.  During
the move, the fully qualified name was kept, but the IP address
changed.

Since the machines you listed both have forward and reverse DNS,
you should be able to REQUEST the NEXRAD2 feed when you change
your REQUEST to idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  The best way to verify
this is as follows:

<as 'ldm' on each of your nexrad1 and nexrad2 macines>

notifyme -vl- -f NEXRAD2 -h idd.unidata.ucar.edu

and

notifyme -vl- -f NEXRAD2 -h iddb.unidata.ucar.edu

re:
> Thanks,

No worries.

Ticket ID: JYB-119414