[IDD #EFM-179238]: GOES-16/17 pqact.conf and ldmd.conf files?

Hi,

re:
> Thanks for getting back with me, I appreciate it.

No worries.

re:
> Do you have a timeline or
> estimated time when you will be distributing the stitched together files?

Hopefully as soon as possible.

re:
> I was told I could request the feed and enter the proper pqact entry and I
> would be set.

Who told you that?

re:
> It seems like it is a little more detailed than that.

The biggest thing that I saw with what you sent previously was the
REQUESTs for products from the NOTHER feed and a pattern-action
file action whose extended regular expression was like (perhaps
exactly) what it will need to be for the products that we will
distribute in a revamped NIMAGE feed.  The two did/do not go
together.

re:
> So I'm
> fine and I can wait.... but if you can give me an estimation of when those
> satellite products might become available that would be nice. Thanks!

The biggest hurdles are:

- the products getting the seal of approval from our testers

- informing the community of the upcoming MAJOR change to the
  products and associated volume in the NIMAGE feed

  MAJOR because the volumes will go from maxes of about 120 MB/hr
  now to 8.3 GB/hr when all of the products start to flow!

- giving the community enough time to alter their feed REQUEST(s)
  and pattern-action file processing

What we avoid at all costs is turning on a firehose of data that
may cripple sites with insufficient bandwidth.  I hope you understand.

Ticket ID: EFM-179238
Department: Support IDD