[IDD #BFR-463999]: Hostname change for upstream data feeds

Hi,

re:
> Purdue University currently runs two LDM hosts (castor.rcac.purdue.edu &&
> pollux.rcac.purdue.edu), we are upgrading these machines and would like to
> change
> hostnames to (nexrad-00.rcac.purdue.edu && nexrad-01.rcac.purdue.edu).

OK.  Please make sure that there is both forward and reverse DNS for
the machines's new names.

re:
> Looking at the documentation, the upstream LDM’s administrators need to allow
> entries
> for our new LDM hosts.
>
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/configuring.html#upstream%20config

This is correct.

re:
> Can you point me to the steps/procedures to follow?

The first thing you need to do is make sure that there is forward and reverse
DNS for the new machine names

The second thing you need to do is generate a list of all of the upstream
machines
that you are REQUESTing feed(s) from.

The next thing you need to do is ascertain who the appropriate LDM/IDD contacts
are for those upstreams.  We should be able to help you determine who the
appropriate contacts are, but our ability to determine this is not guaranteed.

The next thing you need to do is inform the LDM/IDD contacts at each upstream
of the machine name change.

The last thing you need to do is to inform the LDM/IDD administrator responsible
for each downstream that you are feeding data to inform them of the need to
change their REQUEST line(s).

All of the above needs to be coordinated so that a smooth transition is
accomplished.

Ticket ID: BFR-463999
Department: Support IDD