[IDD #MGW-198908]: Unidata LDM feed for GOES-17 data

Hi Carl,

First, while we did receive the email you sent at 8:20 PM, it did not
make it into our inquiry tracking system since it contained an
attachment that make the overall message size greater than 2MB, and
our inquiry tracking system rejects files greater than 2MB.  This is
the reason that I did not respond to your 8:20 PM message...

re:
> Just a follow-up... Jordan Gerth helped me resolve the problem with viewing
> GOES data.  Unidata is distributing Level 1b GOES data and AWIPS needs
> Level 2.

This comment is interesting for two reasons:

- We are distributing the ABI L1b imagery that we get from
  our GRB reception system, and we are also relaying the SCMI tiles
  that are being distributed in NOAAPort.  These images are, however, in
  different LDM/IDD data feeds: SATELLITE (aka DIFAX) for the GRB L1b
  images and NOTHER for the SCMI tiles.

- I believe that Unidata's distribution of AWIPS supports the GRB
  L1b images as well as the SCMI times from NOAAPort

re:
> So i just needed to add a conversion step using some tools from
> CIMSS and it works great.

Interesting.  What was the conversion step that you used, and was the
conversion to the SCMI format?

Ticket ID: MGW-198908
Department: Support IDD