[IDD #SRR-821982]: Please provide ldm scripts to NHC

Hi Monica,

Nice to meet you at the LDM training workshop!

re:
> You mentioned that you would send me some scour and GOES-16 filer scripts
> so that I could use them at NHC.

I have attached 4 files to this reply:

grbfile.sh       - a BASH script that we use to file our GRB products
pqact.conf_goesr - a LDM pattern action file that uses grbfile.sh to
                     file our GRB products
scourBYday       - a Tcl script that scours directory hierarchies in which
                     there will be daily directories named in the form of
                     CCYYMMDD or CCYYJJJ
scourBYnumber    - a Tcl script that scours the contents of a specified
                     directory so that there are N files left in the
                     directory

Comments:

- from our conversation, it is likely that you/your system administrator
  will need to install Tcl on your LDM machine

- the LDM pattern-action file assumes that the current working directory
  for pqact is the HOME directory of the LDM, and it also assumes that
  you have put the grbfile.sh script in the $HOME/util directory and
  given it execute permission

  <as 'ldm'>
  cd ~ldm
  mkdir util
  cp grbfile ~ldm/util
  chmod +x ~ldm/util/grbfile.sh

  As was said in the LDM workshop, we recommend that all users running the
  LDM create two ancillary directories:

  ~ldm/decoders
  ~ldm/util

  What was _not_ discussed was the LDM registry file value that specifies
  what the current working directory will be for pqact processes. The value
  is located in the <pqact> block of ~ldm/etc/registry.xml, and its name
  is <datadir-path>:

  <pqact>
    <config-path>/home/ldm/etc/pqact.conf</config-path>
    <datadir-path>/home/ldm/var/data</datadir-path>
  </pqact>

  For historical reasons, we change the <datadir-path>
  value from its default to the HOME directory of the
  'ldm' user:

  <pqact>
    <config-path>/home/ldm/etc/pqact.conf</config-path>
    <datadir-path>/home/ldm</datadir-path>
  </pqact>

  If your LDM installations keeps the default, you will need to modify
  the relative reference to grbfile.sh in your LDM pattern action file
  to an absolute reference.

  Example: What I mean is you will need to change:

DIFAX   (OR_(ABI)-L1b-RadC-M3C(..)_G(..)_s(....)(...).*)
        PIPE    -close
        util/grbfile.sh /data/ldm/pub/native/satellite/GOES/GRB\4/\2/CONUS \1
\2 \3 \5 \6 576 logs/grb\4.log

  to something like:

DIFAX   (OR_(ABI)-L1b-RadC-M3C(..)_G(..)_s(....)(...).*)
        PIPE    -close
        /home/ldm/util/grbfile.sh
/data/ldm/pub/native/satellite/GOES/GRB\4/\2/CONUS \1 \2 \3 \5 \6 576
logs/grb\4.log

- speaking of the example pattern-action file actions, the numeric value
included in the list of
  parameters passed to grbfile.sh (576 in the above example) is the number of
files to keep
  in the 'current' directory

  If you want to keep more or less, you will need to modify this value in your
  pattern-action file and then run:

  ldmadmin pqactcheck - gross check for syntax errors in all pattern-action
files named in
                          uncommented EXEC lines in the LDM configuration file,
~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf
  ldmadmin pqactHUP   - tells all instances of 'pqact' to reread their
configuration files
                          and use the new actions therein

Please do not hesitate to ask questions on any/all of the scripts attached!

Ticket ID: SRR-821982
Department: Support IDD