[LDM #KSK-757114]: GOES-16 GRB has partially stopped

Hi Art,

re: GOES-16/17 both running in Mode 4
> Thanks for heads-up.

No worries.

re:
> Have you heard when GOES-17 will become available for transmission

The last I heard, the plan is to start drifting GOES-17 west in the
beginning of November, and the estimate for it being on station at
137W is near/at the end of November.  The plan also calls for it
taking over as GOES-West by the end of the year.

Aside: You do know that there are problems with the detector cooling
buss on GOES-17, and this affects imagery for some parts of the day,
don't you?  My point is that there are problems with GOES-17 IR imagery
that is periodic and cannot be corrected, so one should not expect
the same quality of imagery as from GOES-16 during those times of
maximum effect.

re:
> and whether it will be sent on the "DIFAX" Unidata feed?

Yes, we will add all GOES-17 products to the DIFAX feed as soon as
NOAA has removed their please do not disseminate restrictions on the
data.

re:
> Thanks...

No worries.