[IDD #GQL-934266]: ldm upstream feed

Hi Murray,

re:
> Can I ask a question?  Next time I start this machine unidata1, can you
> tell me what the IP address you're seeing?  It's currently not running.

OK, but you can determine the public IP of your machine very easily by
doing a Google search and use 'my ip' (no quotes) as the search key.

re:
> We have two machines that do work with your server ...ldm_data and
> ldm_nexrad2.

Yes, we see these and 3 other machines reporting real time statistics
to us:

Unidata Homepage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Data -> IDD Operational Status
  http://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/rtstats/

    Real-Time IDD Statistics -> Statistics by Host
    http://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/siteindex

Entries are organized by domain.

re:
> And my boss indicates we have a firewall that may be interfering with the
> machine I'm working on. So I'm trying to figure this out.

That may be true, but your machines will also need to have at least
reverse DNS setup so that the LDM ALLOW for CMC will match when a
feed REQUEST from either/both of your new machine IP addresses are
received.  I see that neither forward (name -> IP) nor reverse
(IP -> name) DNS is currently setup:

% nslookup unidata1.cmc.ec.gc.ca
Server:         208.67.222.222
Address:        208.67.222.222#53

** server can't find unidata1.cmc.ec.gc.ca: NXDOMAIN

Ticket ID: GQL-934266
Department: Support IDD