[IDD #ZKK-809489]: GRB broadcast on iddb still happening?

Hi Pete,

re:
> Thanks, Tom, and please keep me in the loop.

Will do.

re:
> I did not realize that the UNIWISC feed was sending out png compressed area
> files
> including data from GOES16.

Almost.  It is sending out GOES imagery, but all of the sectors currently are
composed of GVAR, not GOESR pieces.  This _will_ change very soon now, however.

re:
> I'll have to check into that. But you are right, it shouldn't
> be a big deal to have both image formats going out on the same feed. We'd
> want to make
> sure that people know this is coming though, otherwise folks requesting
> everything from
> the UNIWISC feed will be firehosed with GRB as well!

So, I've been talking to Mike and Steve about your idea of repurposing DIFAX,
and
we all like it!

The upside of using DIFAX is little to no unexpected consequences for receiving
sites.  The downside, and this one is minor, is users' LDMs reporting DIFAX
traffic.  The idea is to cut a new LDM release that renames DIFAX to something
generic like SATELLITE in the same way that we renamed NLDN to LIGHTNING.  As
users install new LDM versions, their LDMs will recognize the feed type as
SATELLITE.

re:
> Seems like the GOES-R/S transition is a good time to revisit some of these
> older feed
> types.

Reaping feed types has been on our list of things to do for such a LONG time,
sigh...

Ticket ID: ZKK-809489
Department: Support IDD