[IDD #LFS-688291]: Fw: GOES-16 to GOES East switchover

Hi Pete,

re:
> Forwarding in case you don't monitor ldm-users.

Thanks.  I can assure you, however, that I do monitor traffic on ldm-users
and noaaport :-)

re:
> Is anything happening with AREA or GINI imagery for GOES16 after the cutover?

Not yet. On my list of things to do is create some McIDAS scripts that will
create sectors of the same coverages that are currently being sent as GINI
images in NOAAPort.  The format of the new sectors will not be GINI, however,
but, rather AREA.  Writing the same into the GINI format would entail creating
a GINI output ADDE server or a converter from AREA to GINI.  I am under the
impression that the GREAT majority of Unidata sites that use the GINI imagery
being distributed in NOAAPort could handle the same in AREA.  Please let me
know if you do not think that this is the case.

Ticket ID: LFS-688291
Department: Support IDD