[IDD #GJH-813065]: Request for another server for UNIDATA LDM access

Hi Wesley,

re:
> This is Dr. Wesley Terwey, from the University of South Alabama.
>
> We are currently in the process of setting up a new server for our weather
> data site (weather.southalabama.edu), which we currently use your LDM on.
> I am trying to set up that new server and want to get it tested and running
> appropriately before we turn it out to the world-at-large.

OK.

re:
> Thus, we will be needing to run the LDM on two separate IP addresses for a
> while, both the current weather.southalabama.edu and the IP address for
> this new server.  I'm curious if you can open up the datastream for that
> new IP address (199.33.132.9).

Would it be possible for your network folks to setup reverse DNS
(IP -> fully qualified name ending in '.edu')?  This would make things
much easier on our side as we have blanket ALLOWs for '.edu' machines.

re:
> The eventual plan is to move the DNS entry
> for weather.southalabama.edu to that new IP address once we have things
> ready to switch over.

OK.

re:
> Let me know if this is possible and what other bits of information you need
> to help us in getting this set up.

Again, it would be much easier for both of us if your network folks could setup
reverse DNS for your machine since you would be able to REQUEST data
straight away.  Otherwise, we will need to create an entry in the /etc/hosts
file on each real server backend of our top level IDD relay cluster,
idd.unidata.ucar.edu, that would satisfy the blanket ALLOW for machines
whose names in '.edu'.

Please let us know if getting reverse DNS is not possible, and we will
take appropriate action.

Ticket ID: GJH-813065
Department: Support IDD