[IDD #NKI-876775]: Data Feeds not coming in

Hi Justin,

re:
> Yesterday evening at around 2:00 AM EDT, I noticed multiple LDM data
> feeds (NIMAGE, DDS, NGRID) cease to pull data in. I am still receiving
> CONDUIT data and occasional data from HDS, but that appears to be about
> it. The odd part is I ran a ldmadmin tail and I see the data available,
> it is just not coming in for some reason.

A couple of things:

- 'ldmadmin tail' monitors the LDM log file

  This would be useful if there were notice and/or error messages being
  written to the log file.  Of more use would be:

  either:

  ldmadmin watch

  or:

  notifyme -vl- -f ANY -o 600

  'ldmadmin watch' will show products arriving in the local queue as
  will the 'notifyme' invocation.  If either of these invocations show
  that you are not receiving data, they the next thing to try would be:

  notifyme -vl- -f ANY -h <the upstream host that you are REQUESTing from>

  This would tell you if the upstream host(s) (multiple 'notifyme' invocations
  each specifying a different upstream host) are getting the data you are
  REQUESTing.

- it may be possible that you are still receiving data, but it is not
  being processed for some reason

  Questions:

  - is your machine reporting real-time stats back to us?

  - if yes, what is the fully qualified name of your LDM machine?

  - what version of the LDM are you running?

  - are there any LDM log messages that suggest that there is a
    problem receiving data?

  Comments:

  - If you are reporting real-time stats back to us, then both you and we
    will be able to see what the volume of data you are receiving is.  If
    the volume of data looks correct for the datastreams you are REQUESTing,
    it would mean that it is your processing of data that is not working.

 - If the volume of data you are receiving is (much) less than what is
   expected, it would mean that there is some problem in the data being
   delivered to you.

   At this point, we would recommend that you immediately restart your
   LDM:

   <as 'ldm'>
   ldmadmin restart

Ticket ID: NKI-876775