[LDM #NSP-325161]: how to retrieve the VOS (volunteer observing ship) data via LDM.

Hi Franke,

re: contact/help by/from Gerry Creager
> Thank You, I will let you know this.

Very good.  I just reread Gerry's reply to the email I sent him at
the end of the day yesterday and was reminded that he said that he
may not be able to touch base with you until tomorrow.

re:
> Very appreciated your help.

No worries.

In the interim, try using the extended regular expressions that are
included in the two LDM pattern-action file actions in 'notifyme'
invocations so you can get a feel for how 'notifyme' works.  Here
are a couple of invocations that I would try first:

notifyme -vl- -f "IDS|DDPLUS" -o 3600 -p
"(^S[IMN]V[^GINS])|(^S[IMN]W[^KZ])|(^S(HV|HXX|S[^X]))|(^SX(VD|V.50|US(2[0-3]|08|40|82|86)))|(^Y[HO]XX84)"

notifyme -vl- -f "IDS|DDPLUS" -o 3600 -p "(^S[IMN]V[^GINS])|(^S[IMN]W[^KZ])"

Comments:

- there is a basic assumption that your LDM is receiving the IDD "IDS|DDPLUS"
  datastream

  If it is not, you will have to "point" your 'notifyme' invocations to a
  machine whose LDM _is_ receiving the feed.  Here is an example that
  should work:

  notifyme -vl- -f "IDS|DDPLUS" -o 3600 -p "(^S[IMN]V[^GINS])|(^S[IMN]W[^KZ])"
-h idd.tamu.edu

- the '-o 3600' flag says to list out the last 3600 seconds of data from the
  specified datastream

  I included the time offset in the examples just in case no SHIP data was
  flowing in when you tried the 'notifyme' invocations.

- the ERE patterns are surrounded by double quotes (") because otherwise they
  would be interpreted by the shell you are running under

Once you get the 'notifyme' invocations to work (meaning show the data being
received, you can try altering the ERE patterns to see their effect.

The one thing that I do not know and that Gilbert did not provide is a
WMO ID or LDM ERE that would narrow the request ('notifyme' or
~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf
REQUEST if one needs to be added) so that only VOS reports are
received/processed.
The document referenced in the URL that Gilbert provided, FM 13–XI Ext. SHIP,
may have enough information that such an ERE can be constructed, or it might
not if the VOS reports are really just like other SHIP reports.

Ticket ID: NSP-325161
Department: Support IDD