[LDM #NSP-325161]: how to retrieve the VOS (volunteer observing ship) data via LDM.

Hi Franke,

re:
> I thought it is something I need to put into the pact.conf
>
> like
>
> # CMAN both  NDBC and Partner Data (TCOON met data for example)
> IDS|DDPLUS  ^SXUS21 KWNB (..)(..)
> FILE  -strip data/ldm/%y%m\1\2.cman
>
> # Buoy Data - both NDBC and Partner - (TABS met for example)
> IDS|DDPLUS  ^SNVD15 KWNB (..)(..)
> FILE  -strip data/ldm/%y%m\1\2.ndbcn
> IDS|DDPLUS  ^SMVD15 KWNB (..)(..)
> FILE  -strip data/ldm/%y%m\1\2.ndbcm
> IDS|DDPLUS  ^SIVD15 KWNB (..)(..)
> FILE  -strip data/ldm/%y%m\1\2.ndbci
>
> am I wrong?

You are not wrong.  The point of what I said in my previous email is
that you need to know what the LDM/IDD Product IDs look like for the
products you want.

For example, in the first pqact.conf (which is an LDM/IDD pattern-action
file) action you sent:

# CMAN both  NDBC and Partner Data (TCOON met data for example)
IDS|DDPLUS  ^SXUS21 KWNB (..)(..)
   FILE  -strip data/ldm/%y%m\1\2.cman

The '^SXUS21 KWNB (..)(..)' is an extended regular expression that
is compared to IDS|DDPLUS Product IDs, and when there is a match, the
product is FILEd in the file 'data/ldm/%y%m\1\2.cman'.

In order to construct the extended regular expression to use in a
new action, you first need to know what the LDM/IDD Product IDs
look like.  And, one portion of the LDM/IDD Product ID will be
the WMO product id/code.  That is why I said that the first thing
you need to know is what the WMO product id/code for the VOS products
look like.  As soon as you have this, an extended regular expression
can be constructed, and that, in turn can be incorporated in a
new action that will do with the product what you want.

So, do you know what the LDM/IDD Product IDs look like for the VOS
products?  If no, do you know what the WMO product id/codes look
like?  If yes, please send along a few examples, and we will
help you create an appropriate extended regular expression and
associated pattern-action file action.

Ticket ID: NSP-325161
Department: Support IDD