[IDD #QCI-657529]: GOES-R on LDM/IDD

Hi Rodrigo,

re:
> I would like to know if the images from GOES-R, when launched, will be
> available on IDD, in feedtype NIMAGE or UNIWISC.

Some of the images will be available in these IDD datastreams.  We
are planning on making all of the data available by remote server
access (e.g., McIDAS ADDE and THREDDS).

FYI:

The imagery in the NIMAGE datastream is the image sectors that the
U.S. National Weather Service (NWS) creates and makes available for the
U.S. Weather Forecast Offices (WFOs), and it is likely that those sectors
will be of lesser interest to you since they will typically have U.S.
and some North American coverage.

The imagery in the IDD UNIWISC datastream are sectors that we create
from the operational U.S. geostationary satellites, so those sectors
will contain GOES-R data when it becomes operational as either
GOES-East (most likely) or GOES-West.

re:
> I'm a brazilian user
> of GOES-13 images and I receive these images using LDM and I use Gempak
> to view them. I am a little worried about approaching of the end of
> GOES-13's useful life.

Luckily, there is an on-orbit spare (GOES-14) that will be pressed into
service if either GOES-East (GOES-13) or GOES-West (GOES-15) fail.  We
are also hopeful that the last target for a GOES-R launch (October) will be
adhered to as lots of users are eager for the higher temporal and spatial
resolution that will be available in GOES-R scans.

re:
> Could you help me?

???  Other than telling you what our intention is, there is not much more
we can do for you at this time.

re:
> Thanks a lot!

No worries.