[IDD #MIY-175774]: "WARN" Log Message in Concatenate NEXRAD2 Script

Hi Ziv,

re:
> I inquired about getting you VM access again, but unfortunately was once
> again rebuffed :(

Bummer.  How do you login remotely?

re:
> I have 12G of RAM on my VM so I allocated 4G to the queue. I will check
> again on Monday to see if my log file has any of the "WARN" messages.

OK, good.  A 4 GB queue should test whether or not the queue size was
the limiting factor.

re:
> Two immediate points of confusion:
> - I directed the hhmmssRadarII.pl script to write a log to /mnt/ldm/logs,
>   but there does not seem to be the logs directory (and consequently no log
>   files from this script). Any idea what the issue might be here?

I will have to review the code to know...

re:
> - Also, I am confused as to what the finished, concatenated NEXRAD2 files
>   are.

They are the concatenation of the bzip2-compressed chunks received for
a particular station.  If you need an uncompressed version of the
volume scans, the chunks will need to be uncompressed (unbzipped)
before the reassembly.

re:
> Are they in the FOP1 directory?

?? I am not sure what the FOP1 directory is.  If this is a reference
to something seen in the Perl script, then I will know better when I
review the code (I didn't write the code, so I am not intimately
familiar with what it does other than reassembling the chunks into
a full volume scan).

Question:

- what is it you need/want?

re:
> Sorry, I am a newbie when it comes to reading Perl scripts. Thank you for
> your help!

No worries.

By the way, we are moving all of the NEXRAD2 data up to an S3 bucket in
AWS.  The reassembly procedure there does unbzip each chunk and then
gzips the reassembled volume scan.

Musing:  perhaps your effort would be greatly simplified if you accessed
and used the files that are being reconstituted in AWS?

The answer to the musing would likely be no if one of your goals is to
create a local archive.

Ticket ID: MIY-175774
Department: Support IDD