[IDD #MWQ-760671]: Test Feed

Hi Ziv,

re:
> I hope your week is going well.

So far it is more or less the same as any other :-)

re:
> I just checked with the UChicago Open Science Data Cloud (where my VM is
> located) people, and I unfortunately cannot give you ssh access :(

OK.

re:
> Thankfully, my VM is logging successfully. It recorded this after my
> logging test:
>
> Dec 22 17:40:31 ldm-downstream ubuntu: test of LDM logging

Excellent!

re:
> Is there anything else that needs to be done?

If you are planning on running the LDM for an extended period of time,
you will want to setup rotation of the LDM log files.  This is done
using a cron table entry like:

#
# Rotate LDM log file
#
0 0 * * 5 bin/ldmadmin newlog

re:
> Even after a lot of bugging I
> have yet to get a systems/network person to help me with the "firewall"
> issue

Have they, at least, acknowledged that there is a firewall rule blocking
outbound traffic to port 388 on remote hosts?

re:
> (I *am* able to run a apt-get update successfully).

'apt-get' uses port 80, and virtually all sites keep outbound traffic
on port 80 open because if they didn't, then one wouldn't be able to
use a web browser.

re:
> I will send you another email if that gets resolved.

OK.

re:
> Thanks Tom!

No worries.