[IDD #IVG-583515]: RE: EXT :20141114: NOAAPort relay Machine Set up at NG

Hi Heather,

re:
> Okay Tom, you should be able to access us now.
>
> The machine is noaapxcd: 172.16.2.174.

This is a non-routable address (i.e., private like 192.168.x.x and 10.x.x.x).
What I need is either the fully qualified hostname (IF there is forward
DNS setup for the machine) or the machine's external IP address.

re:
> I had ports 388, 500, and 503 open to gale.  Is
> this all we need, or are some of these unnecessary?

All that is needed for LDM traffic is port 388.  Ports 500 and 503 are ones
that used to be used for McIDAS ADDE traffic.  These became archaic when
SSEC adopted the use of the port that we registered for McIDAS traffic
with IANA way back in the mid-1990s, port 112.

re:
> I am not decoding much right now: just surface data and nexrad.

??? I am confused about what is actually setup there now.  I had assumed
that you were going to re-purpose one of your old machines (e.g., noaapxcd)
to become a relay in your DMZ for the data streams that are created by
our NOAAPort ingesters: IDS|DDPLUS, HDS, NGRID, NIMAGE, NEXRAD3, NOTHER.
You can, of course, run decoding processes on the machine, but those are
not needed for the relay role.

re:
> Let me know if everything is working!

I can't get to the machine because I do not know its public IP address
or fully-qualified hostname.

Ticket ID: IVG-583515
Department: Support IDD