[IDD #NZC-887525]: LDM at UIB

Hi Jordi,

re:
> My name is Jordi Vallespir and I work at the UIB Meteorology Group,
> Spain. I am writing this email because we receive GFS data using the LDM,
> and we need to do some changes in our configuration: the machine that
> downloads the daily data from the LDM to the Meteorology Group cluster
> is going to be replaced, and the new one will be using a different
> IP address.

What upstream host(s) are you currently REQUESTing the CONDUIT (IDD datastream
name) from?

re:
> A week ago I tried to reach Jeff Weber (address@hidden) and Guilherme
> Chagas (address@hidden) to ask them about this, but I had no answer. Who
> should
> I talk to?

Since individuals may be unavailable due to a variety of things (on travel,
ill, etc.), it is always better to send support requests to Unidata
User Support at a topic-relevant email address.  For your situation,
the email address that is most relevant is:

address@hidden

When in doubt, sending requests to the general Unidata Support address
will always work:

address@hidden

These emails will be forwarded into our inquiry tracking system where
multiple Unidata staff members will be alerted to the new inquiry
and can respond accordingly.

re:
> Just in case is easier for you to forward this email, the doubts we have
> are the following:
>
> - Once we have the software running in the new server, can we use download
> the data to two different computers for some days? If it is possible, it
> would be much easier to check that everything is working as it should.

We prefer that a site uses one machine to receive the data and then
relay it to as many downstream machines as is needed.

re:
> - At this moment we download the Grid #003 data, with 1.0 degree
> resolution. What do we have to do to also download the grid #004 data, with
> 0.5 degree resolution?

You will need to change the REQUEST line in your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file
and then restart your LDM.

First, let's attend to what upstream host(s) you have for the CONDUIT
data.  Your machine change will likely require your upstream(s) to
alter the ALLOWs that are in place for your REQUEST.  Hopefully
there will be both forward and reverse DNS for your new machine as
this will make it much easier for your upstream feed host(s) to
add the necessary ALLOW(s).

Questions:

- what are the fully qualified name and IP of the new host on
  which you intend to run the LDM?

- can we see your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file so we can better
  understand your configuration?

  It would be easiest if you send your ldmd.conf file as an
  attachment in your response to this email.

re:
> Thanks for your attention,

No worries.

Ticket ID: NZC-887525