[IDD #YPR-198833]: Educational entity needing meteorological data and software.

Hi Johnny,

re:
> I'm building a Windows 7 x64 computer to run the application listed in this
> email.

Very good.

re:
> Would it be possible for someone to contact me to advise me on the
> installation?

The best way to detail the steps to install the IDV are, in our opinion, by
email.

The procedure is as follows:

- register with the Unidata website:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edua

  Click on the Register link near the top right had side of this page

  Please make sure to indicate that you are in a degree granting institution
  when you register.  Degree granting institutions are allowed to download
  any/all of the software we make available.

- after you are fully registered, login to our site and then go:

  Downloads -> IDV
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/index.jsp

  Click on:

  Current Release (IDV 4.1)
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/current/index.jsp

  Click on the link for the installer for the target OS.  In your case,
  this would be:

  IDV 4.1 Installer for 64-bit Windows XP/Vista/7

- download the IDV installer to your target machine

  I typically download the distribution to the desktop, but this is
  a personal preference.

- double click on the icon for the just downloaded distribution
  and answer the questions asked

  It is sufficient to choose defaults for all options; those who do
  otherwise are typically long term/power users.

The installation process should create an icon on the desktop.  Running
the IDV is then accomplished in the normal Windows manner, double click
on the icon for the application.

re:
> Thank you,

No worries.