[IDD #HTK-741775]: ftp connection

> Hi Jeff,

Hi Anthony,

> The server/webpage I'm trying to access is the following link for NCEP-GFS
> data
>
> http://motherlode.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/ldm/genweb?decoded/netcdf/grid/NCEP/GFS/CONUS_80km

This page is not password protected, HOWEVER, we do not support long term
programmatic access
to this archive. The intended purpose of the motherlode archive is to allow the
Unidata community
members to fill in any gaps they may have in their data collections due to
hardware, software, or network
issues. Unidata does not mind the public accessing this data on occasion, but
we will block IP's that set up
continuous programmatic access. There are many NWS servers that make this data
available via HTTP and OpenDAP, you may have better luck there i.e.

http://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov/

> Do you happen to have an FTP version of this webpage?
>
> Thanks
>
> Anthony

Cheers,

Jeff