[IDD #WKN-228134]: Replacement for stokes?

Hi Joseph,

re:
> After unsuccessfully attempting to connect to other OU hosts, I contacted
> Mark Laufersweiler there and he confirmed to me that stokes is still down
> and they are currently unable to provide a relay to downstream machines.

OK.

re:
> I attempted to REQUEST from the two top-level sites you suggested. I was
> apparently unsuccessful at connecting to TAMU but was successful at
> connecting to PSU. (No response after the INFO: Resolving... message
> connecting to TAMU, but received NOTIFYME and product headers from PSU.)

I am a but surprised that you could not get a feed from TAMU.  I am
pleased that you can use PSU as an alternate.

re:
> Before I added PSU as an alternate feed, I wanted to check with Unidata
> that this was acceptable and see if there was anything else I needed to
> do.

Yes, this is completely acceptable.  A Unidata institution can set their
own policies on who they are willing to feed data whose distribution is
not restricted by the data provider (examples of restricted data feeds
are LIGHTNING, PCWS and WSI).  And no, there is nothing else that you need
to do.

Please let us know if you encounter any problems in feeding from PSU.

Ticket ID: WKN-228134
Department: Support IDD