[IDD #DSM-778794]: LAMP product feed change

Hi Jim,

First, I apologize for not being able to devote some time to your
ASCII LAMP inquiry until now.

I setup an LDM REQUEST for both the LAMP ASCII and BUFR products
this afternoon:

exec    "pqact -f ANY etc/pqact.conf_lamp"

request ANY     "(FOUS11|JSMF[0-7]) KWNO"       idd.unidata.ucar.edu

In conjunction with this, I setup an LDM pattern-action file to write
the received products into individual files:

# LAMP ASCII products
ANY     FOUS11 KWNO
        FILE    -close
        data/lamp/lamp_ascii_%Y%m%d_%H%M

# LAMP BUFR products
ANY     JSMF1[0-7] KWNO
        FILE    -close
        data/lamp/lamp_bufr_%Y%m%d_%H%M

I then watched for receipt of one of the ASCII LAMP products using:

ldmadmin watch

The first of the products just came in, and the 'ldmadmin watch' listing
indicated that it was in the IDS|DDPLUS datastream:

Aug 08 22:32:16 pqutil INFO:  2550735 20120808223220.107 IDS|DDPLUS 56589532
FOUS11 KWNO 082200 /pLAVUSA

NB: the size of the product is 2.55 MB

Give that this product was _not_ in the binary NGRID datastream, I have some
questions
and a comment:

Questions:

- have you had any new communication with the LAMP developers regarding
  the FPOUS11 KWNO product?

  If yes, what was the jist of the exchange?

- have you been tracking which IDD datastream the ASCII LAMP products
  have been coming in since your original inquiry?

  If yes, has the product consistently been in one datastream, or has
  it varied between IDS|DDPLUS and NGRID?

Comment:

- the NOAAPort uplink was announced to be switched from the primary
  installation (Hauppauge, NY) to the backup site (Fairmont, WV)
  and then back again yesterday, Tuesday, August 7:

NOXX10 KWBC  071141

DATA MGT MESSAGE 08-12.01

TO  NOAAPORT USERS

FROM  RTH WASHINGTON DATA MANAGEMENT

SUBJECT  AWIPS SBN/NOAAPORT DATA FEED SWITCH

THE UPLINK OF THE AWIPS SBN WILL BE SWITCHED
FROM THE HAUPPAUGE   NY MASTER GROUND STATION
TO THE FAIRMONT WV MASTER GROUND STATION
AT 1415Z ON TUESDAY   AUGUST 7TH.THE FAIRMONT
MASTER GROUND STATION WILL REMAIN ACTIVE UNTIL
1615Z ON TUESDAY   AUGUST 7TH   WHEN UPLINK WILL BE
RETURNED TO HAUPPAUGE /AMGS/.

NO DATA INTERRUPTION IS EXPECTED.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

NCF

  I included this because I was wondering if the switches are somehow
  related to the FOUS22 KWNO LAMP ASCII product being changed enough
  that it returned to the IDS|DDPLUS datastream.

  The other possibility is that the LAMP developers somehow changed
  the control character content of the messages with the effect that
  our NOAAPort ingest code no longer viewed it as binary.

Ticket ID: DSM-778794
Department: Support IDD