[IDD #EMD-405853]: Request data

Hi Reymer,

re:
> I'm a student of Physic of the University of Costa Rica, I have a
> personal server that I want that you allow to request data from
> idd.unidata.ucar.edu, to work on a personal career project, can you
> help me? I'm the system administrator. I can't request data from my
> University because we have a trouble between idd.unidata.ucar.edu to
> ucr.ac.cr
>
> Name: Reymer Antonio Vargas Solano
> Phone number: (506) 8871-3130
> Email address: address@hidden
> The fully-qualified hostname of the computer that will run the LDM
>
> ldm.primitivehost.com (201.201.249.134)

There is forward DNS for your machine only; reverse DNS (IP -> name)
does not exist:

% nslookup ldm.primitivehost.com
Server:         128.117.140.62
Address:        128.117.140.62#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   ldm.primitivehost.com
Address: 201.201.249.134

% nslookup 201.201.249.134
Server:         128.117.140.62
Address:        128.117.140.62#53

** server can't find 134.249.201.201.in-addr.arpa.: NXDOMAIN

re:
> Feedtype by the moment that I need to work on my project.
>
> UNIWISC
> NIMAGE

I enabled your machine to request the UNIWISC and NIMAGE datastreams
from idd.cise-nsf.gov by adding an entry to the /etc/hosts file that
defines the IP <-> name relationship as:

201.201.249.134 ldm.primitivehost.ucr.ac.cr

I set things up this way because:

- reverse DNS does not exist for your machine
- we already have an ALLOW rule for machines from ucr.ac.cr

Please give the feed a try:

<as 'ldm' on your machine>
ldmping idd.cise-nsf.gov
notifyme -vl- -f 'UNIWIS|NIMAGE' -h idd.cise-nsf.gov

Please let us if you can successfully request the data you need
and when you no longer need it.

re:
> Thanks

It would be most helpful if the machines you are running the LDM on
had both forward and reverse DNS!

Ticket ID: EMD-405853
Department: Support IDD