[IDD #IFM-276437]: IDD Feed

Hi Alan,

re:
> I'm interested in getting a feed to replace my NOAAPort dish.  All that
> I require are the text and point data from the NOAAPort stream, or, the
> data equivalent to the NWSTG and NWSTG2 channels.
>
> Would it be possible to obtain this feed for non-operational purposes?

Yes, this is easily doable.  You will be setup to feed from idd.cise-nsf.gov
initially; we may ask you to either switch to another upstream host or
request the data you want redundantly from more than one upstream hosts.

All you need to do now is:

- insure that the machine on which you will be running the LDM has forward
  and reverse DNS

- provide us with the fully-qualified hostname for that machine

- download and install the latest supported version of the LDM, ldm-6.8.1

We will make sure you are ALLOWed to request the datastreams that you
want as soon as we get the name of your LDM machine.

One request:

- we would appreciate you reporting real time stats back to us.  All
  you need to do to accomplish this is _not_ comment out the
  'exec rtstats' line in the ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file in your
  LDM installation.

Please let us know if you need more information (I know you don't need
help in the setup of the LDM :-)...

Ticket ID: IFM-276437
Department: Support IDD