[IDD #JZM-551600]: Is the SUNY NLDN feed down?

Hi Mike,

This is a follow-up to a previous discussion we had regarding NLDN data
from Vaisala via an SSH tunnel...

re:
> I recently set
> up a ssh link with them to get some lightning data for a professor.

SUNY Albany finally got permission to get the NLDN data via an tunneled
SSH connection from a machine presumably at Vaisala.  David Knight
sent me the following information on how to get this connection working:

  The data is being sent via an ssh tunnel. I have
  configured your account here to allow you to connect
  directly to the vaisalla server using the command

  ssh -l uofalb01 192.101.77.209 -L 12345:localhost:10289

  This should put the data on local port 12345 on striker2.
  This way you can start and stop the ssh tunnel as you desire.

I setup this connection on the SUNYA machine striker2.atmos.albany.edu,
and wrote a simple program to connect to the socket and try to read
the data.  Unfortunately, this simple test did not work.  Since you
have evidently already created a procedure to do the same thing, I
figured I would see if you could provide information on how you did
what you did (providing source code if/when appropriate).

Can you help me out on this?

Thanks in advance!

Ticket ID: JZM-551600
Department: Support IDD