[IDD #ZDN-563518]: LDM - GOES-13 - 1km

Hi Reymer,

re:
> Right now we are getting data from GOES-13 with 3km, but we need get
> data with 1km. do you know about some LDM that's running with this data?

The IDD datastreams that contain satellite imagery are UNIWISC and
NIMAGE.  As you have seen, the resolution of GOES products in the
UNIWISC datastream are nominally 4km.  The VIS images in the NIMAGE
datastream are 1 km, but the sectors do not extend far south enough
to be of use to folks in Costa Rica.

We ingest and make available full resolution, real-time imagery from
both GOES-East (currently GOES-13) and GOES-West (currently GOES-11)
as does NOAA.  The method for getting these data are via ADDE (McIDAS,
IDV), not the LDM/IDD.

For reference, the information you will need to access the ADDE
servers is:

GROUP name        Server name
EAST              goeseast.unidata.ucar.edu
EAST              unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu
WEST              goeswest.unidata.ucar.edu
WEST              unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu
PUB               satepsanone.nesdis.noaa.gov

I hope that this helps...

Ticket ID: ZDN-563518
Department: Support IDD