[IDD #WTA-825680]: Model Data in ArcMap

> Full Name: Nathan Foster
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version:
> Operating System:
> Hardware:
> Description of problem:
>
> I'm a meteorologist for the NWS in Louisville. I'm wondering if I can
> get access to model data through Unidata for use in research in our
> office. What I would like to do is bring access the data to bring into
> ArcMap.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks very much!
>
> Nathan Foster

Hello Nathan,

Not sure we have any model data you do not :)

We are happy to feed you any model data you desire, we would need the IP # and
fully qualified domain name of the machine you plan to ingest on and would be
running the LDM.
If this is more of a dynamic demand, we can offer the data to you via "pull"
services instead
of the "push" technology of the LDM. ArcMap, to my knowledge, does not handle
raw grib or grib2
files which is what we deliver via the LDM. netCDF, however, can be read
natively, by ESRI products
9.1 and newer.

Some of our model runs are available via a WMS as well. I would suggest
visiting:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/catalog.html

-->http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/idd/models.html

-----> then select desired model and then the model run via "file access".